After graduating with a B.A. in Marketing from Texas A&M University, Christy attended Baylor School of Law where she achieved the top grade in her Arbitration class. Christy was actively involved in moot court, competing as a student through the final round in the National Moot Court Competition of Child Welfare & Adoption Law, and later serving as a coach for her fellow student advocates. Her desire to serve the community lead her to be the chairperson for her sorority’s philanthropy events and to volunteer at the annual McLennan County Adoption Day.
Prior to working at Piper Burnett, Christy interned in the County Criminal Court No. 5 in her hometown of Fort Worth where she focused on aiding victims of family violence and clerked at multiple law firms that helped her gain experience with clients and attorneys both in and out of the courtroom. Outside the office and the courtroom, Christy enjoys exploring her new home in Austin, cooking, and competing in athletic events.
- Baylor University School of Law – J.D., 2016
- Texas A&M University B.A. Marketing, Certificate in Retailing, Business Professionalism Certificate
Licenses, Certifications & Bar Admissions
- Supreme Court of Texas, 2016
Honors & Awards
- Order of the Barrister
- Presidential Research Fellow with Judge Ken Starr
- Represented Baylor Law School at three moot court competitions: 2015 Finalist at the National Moot Court Competition of Child Welfare & Adoption Law; 2014 Administrative & Public Law Moot Court Competition; and 2014 Strasburger & Price Moot Court Competition
Professional & Community Involvement
- State Bar of Texas – Family Law Section, 2016
- Travis County Women’s Legal Society, member